Casual IT Support
As the leading metropolitan race club in Queensland, the Brisbane Racing Club conducts 98 race meetings and hosts over 200,000 patrons each year. The venue precincts also play host to a number of large events throughout the year.
OUR CORE VALUES
It is expected that all Brisbane Racing Club employees actively align with our core values of work, health & safety, honesty, recognition, teamwork, improvement, initiative and customer service.
The Club requires an IT support officer to join our Team on an ongoing casual basis, 4 days per week, this may lead to a full time role. This is a newly created position due to the development & growth of the Club.
The IT Support Officer will report to the Systems Administrator.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES OF ROLE
IT Support Officer:
- Installation of new PC's, printers, network switches, wireless access points
- Front line helpdesk for hardware and applications for internal users
- Logging and tracking jobs via a ticketing system
- Patching devices into the network
- Maintaining quality installations across all data rack
- Raising and closing helpdesk tickets to track overdue or outstanding tasks
- Onsite support for Raceday events
TO BE SUCCESSFUL FOR THIS ROLE YOU MUST HAVE THE FOLLOWING ESSENTIAL COMPETENCIES:
- Windows 7, 8 & 10 Workstation environments
- Windows Server 2008, 2012 and 2016 environments
- Microsoft Office 2007, 2010, 2013 and Office 365
- Microsoft SQL 2012 server is desirable
- Network setup and troubleshooting including VPN, VLAN's and HP Switches
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to control and prioritise tasks through the use of helpdesk ticketing
DESIRABLE SKILLS, QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Completion of a Diploma of IT, or equivalent
- 1 - 2 years experience in a large network
- Training or exposure in MCSA and CCNA
- Point of Sale knowledge preferred but not essential
- Excellent communications skills and attention to detail is essential
- Must be able to work Saturday and Public holiday race days as required
- Immediate Start.