Safety & Compliance Advisor (Part time)
As the leading metropolitan race club in Queensland, the Brisbane Racing Club conducts 98 race meetings and hosts over 200,000 patrons each year. The venue precincts also play host to a number of large events throughout the year.
Based in Ascot and reporting to the Risk & Compliance Manager, the Safety & Compliance Advisor is a generalist role supporting Brisbane Racing Club to drive improved safety outcomes and workplace safety. This is an exciting time to join the BRC during a period of growth and the implementation of a $1.2 billion masterplan. This is a newly created part-time role (25 hours per week) and the roster can be negotiated with the right candidate.
OUR CORE VALUES
It is expected that all Brisbane Racing Club employees actively align with our core values of work, health & safety, honesty, recognition, teamwork, improvement, initiative and customer service.
PRIMARY PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
- Assist managers, supervisors and teams to drive safe operations and maintain compliance with internal management system requirements.
- Ensure all reported WHS incidents, hazards and near-misses are investigated, root causes identified, and preventive/corrective actions implemented in accordance with internal and legislative requirements.
- Develop, review, improve and update internal management procedures in consultation with appropriate work groups to assure that all documented processes are current and reflective of the feedback.
- Train, coach and mentor others within the organisation with regards to implementation of the internal management system requirements and provide advice and guidance with regards to the application of WHS technical and legislative requirements.
- Develop (where necessary), and conduct workplace inspections, internal audits and reviews to assure compliance with Brisbane Racing Club policies and procedures, and where applicable identify areas for improvement and appropriate corrective actions.
- Undertake any duties as directed within the range of the incumbent’s skills and experience.
Essential Experience and Criteria
- Minimum Cert IV in WHS
- Exceptional ability to build relationships and influence at all organisational levels
- Well-developed interpersonal and communication skills
- Intermediate Microsoft Office skills (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Must be able to work the occasional weekend
- Previous knowledge or experience within the equine industry
- Experience in the events industry
Key Capability Requirements
- Identifying and managing risks
- Building and maintain effective relationships
- Stakeholder consultation, engagement and empowerment
- Sound problem solving and decision making
- Effective communication, ability to listen and empathise, reflective of the target audience, both written and verbal
- Ability to effectively coach and mentor others
- Initiates Action – is a self-starter, takes initiative, is outcome focused and resilient
- Customer focused attitude